It’s not just the products that we want to ensure are ethical and natural, it’s the packaging too! We want to leave minimal trace behind, or rather ahead of us, to ensure the planet works for all of its inhabitants. Our first principle to stay plastic free, single use plastic and packaging are responsible for lots of rubbish in the ocean and can be a big danger to wildlife. UK supermarkets are producing 800,000 tonnes every year (source: Greenpeace), massive plastic waste islands the size of countries are forming in our oceans and it’s estimated there will be more plastic in the sea than fish by 2050 (source: Earthday).
Our second principle is to get everything from recycled materials where possible and our third to have everything 100% recyclable or compostable. In theory, nothing from our products needs to end up in landfill sites which cause toxins and gasses that pollute. We have researched everything right down to the stickers and the tape that we use to make sure your orders arrive safely.
Here is a handy (or should we say pawy!) guide to our packaging:
· We are plastic free.
· Postal boxes are 40% recycled cardboard and 100% recyclable or reusable.
· Magnetic gift boxes are 40% recycled board and 100% recyclable (remove the magnet) or reusable.
· Tissue paper used for packing is 100% recycled and acid and chlorine free. Compostable.
· Kraft paper tape – a great enviro-friendly alternative to plastic tape. 100% recyclable.
· Stickers are 100% recycled and biodegradable.
· Aluminium containers are 100% recycled and recyclable.
· Brown ribbed wrapping paper is made from FSC sourced paper.
Coopy says that if everyone makes a small effort, we can make a big difference!